Matthew J. Telfer – CEO
Matt has over 35 years of E&P experience with a successful track record of discovering major plays, and was involved in numerous Austin Chalk discoveries: Double A Wells North, Magnolia and Beech Grove Fields.
Matt’s operating company, Border to Border Exploration, LLC, has drilled over 60 wells in the Woodbine and Austin Chalk trend in Polk, Tyler and Jasper Counties in Texas.
Matt built his operating company to be in the top 40 private producers in the US, drilled over 1,000,000 feet of vertical and horizontal wellbores, and operated over 16,000 BOE per day. He was a finalist for TIPRO’s (Texas Independent Producers & Royalty Owners Association) Top Texas CEO of large oil companies in 2014.
Matt holds a B.S. Degree in Geology and has completed Masters Degree coursework at SUNY Binghamton University, where he is a Distinguished Alumnus. He is a member of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists and was a Distinguished Lecturer in 2012. Matt is a registered Professional Geologist in Texas and Wyoming.
David T. Martineau – President & COO
A 2nd generation oil/gas professional, David has over 27 years of E & P experience with a strong history of field optimization, operations, and acquisitions through out many basins with his emphasis in East Texas and the Upper Gulf Coast.
In 2003, David established Martineau Petroleum, Inc., operating 400 wells in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Before founding Martineau Petroleum he worked at Kerr-McGee(Oryx), he was a production engineer overseeing water floods in North-Central Texas and gas properties on the Texas gulf coast. He also sat on the A&D and EHS teams.
Active in professional associations: David is a member of SPE, SIPES, TIPRO, and The Texas Alliance. He sits on the University of Texas, Jackson School of Geosciences advisory board. David was named a “Rising Star” in the energy sector by D-CEO Magazine. Also, the Texas Alliance of Energy Producers presented him with the ‘Today’s Leader” award.
David holds a Bachelor of Science in Geological Engineering from the University of Mississippi and a Master of Science degree in Geology from the University of Texas.
Ian Williammee – Geoscience
- Joined the team in June 2008
- Provides technical analysis including petrophysics, reservoir volumetrics, geo-database management, mapping, and geosteering
- BS in Geology and GIS from (SUNY) Binghamton University
Jake Steimle – Geoscience
- Joined the team in 2011
- Research has been presented at the 11th International Coastal Symposium in Poland and published in the Journal of Coastal Research
- BS in Geology from St. Norbert College; MS in Geology and certificate in GIS from Florida Atlantic University
Blake Randall – Senior Asset Manager
- Oversight of Austin Chalk, Woodbine, and Eagle Ford drilling programs
- Management of producing assets, daily operations, and associated field personnel
- Joined the team in May of 2008 with BS in Geology from Jackson School of Geosciences, University of Texas at Austin
John Drake – Senior VP of Acquisitions
- Joined the team in 2009
- Oversees all data evaluation and economic model analysis for pertinent acquisition candidates
- BS in Geology from Jackson School of Geosciences, University of Texas
Blake Biscoe – Land Manager
- Oversees all aspects of land acquisition including direct negotiations with landowners and contract land men
- Over 20 years of experience as an independent land man and 10 years as a land manager with a closely held company
- BBA from Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State University)
Mark Helmueller – General Counsel
- Joined the team in 2010
- Previously worked for the Texas Railroad Commission as a hearing officer, presiding over hundreds of regulatory hearings
- Admitted to practice law in Texas and California
George Manthos – Sr. Drilling Manager
- Joined the Eagle Valley Team in April 2019
- Responsible for the Planning, Engineering, and Execution of development prospects
- Prior to Eagle Valley, spent 6 years with Occidental Petroleum focused on Drilling Operations, and 7 years within Statoil/Equinor within Drilling Operations, Field Development, and Reservoir Engineering
- BS in Petroleum Engineering from The University of Texas at Austin, with Business Foundations (2006)